Position: Legal Intern
Open to: 2Ls, 3Ls
Time Commitment: Part-time, flexible
Compensation: Possibility of work study
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Process: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, references, and date of availability.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Description of Activity: We are looking for a legal intern for a small bankruptcy and consumer‐driven litigation practice. The position is PART‐TIME under the supervision of an attorney. Given the nature of the practice, duties will range from interacting with clients, document review, drafting first drafts pleadings, legal research, drafting memoranda, witness interviews, and screening clients. Here is what we are seeking:
- Must have completed first year of law school;
- Very strong research, writing and communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent computer skills, including databases, word processing, spreadsheets, and email;
- A commitment to debtor and consumer issues;
- A commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability and socio‐economic circumstance, and able to work with diverse individuals within the broader community;
- Self‐starter with excellent organizational, analytical and problem‐solving skills and attention to detail;
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated capacity to learn quickly; and
- Ability to review documents, and synthesize and summarize information in well‐written factual narrative.
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume, date of availability, a statement about whether you are work study eligible or simply seeking relevant experience, references (they will only be contacted after interview), and cover letter (showing some of your personality) to this posting.