More Seattle University Resources; Pro Bono and Public Service Links; Local, State, and National Equal Justice Contacts; Public Interest Funding and Loan Repayment Resources; Wellness Resources; Professionalism and Ethics Information
Seattle University School of Law Social Justice Activities and Hands-On Opportunities:
- Access to Justice Institute Webpage
- Center for Indian Law & Policy
- Externship Program
- Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law and Equality
- Ronald A. Peterson Law Clinic
Pro Bono and Public Service Links:
- PSLawnet – requires login; find public interest organizations, internships, jobs and fellowships throughout the U.S.
- PSLawNet Blog – latest public interest legal news.
- Advocate Resource Center – requires login (provided during most legal aid internships) Resources for civil legal services professionals and pro bono advocates in Washington State.
- UnitedWay of King County – database of non-legal volunteer opportunities in the Seattle metro area and related resources.
- Seattle Works – database of non-legal volunteer and leadership opportunities in the Seattle metro area, primarily targeted toward 20- and 30-somethings.
- Volunteer Match -national database of volunteer opportunities.
- SU School of Law Center for Professional Development Blog – announcements, events, and resources.
- ProBonoWa – a tool for volunteer attorneys and law students to locate and connect with pro bono opportunities around the state.
- Idealist.org – national resource for identifying nonprofit volunteer positions, internships, and job opportunities.
- ABA Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service – comprehensive, national database of pro bono resources.
- Alliance for Justice – a national association of over 100 organizations dedicated to advancing justice and democracy. Check this page for job and internship opportunities with AFJ.
- Seattle University Magis: Alumni Living the Mission – for alumni interested in social justice.
Local, State, and National Equal Justice Community:
- King County Bar Association blog “Pro Bono Dicta” – latest pro bono happenings in King County.
- Washington State Access to Justice Board – established by the Supreme Court and WSBA to ensure equal access to the legal system.
- Washington State Alliance for Equal Justice – statewide coalition of over 40 organizations providing civil legal aid.
- Washington Equal Justice Coalition – educates policymakers and the public about the importance of civil legal aid in order to advocate for public funding for civil legal aid.
- Equal Justice Works – mobilizing lawyers through fellowships, career development, and other support.
Public Interest Funding and Loan Repayment:
- Funding – in-depth information about Public Interest Summer Funding and Post-Graduate Fellowships.
- Seattle University School of Law Loan Repayment Assistance Program – information about loan forgiveness for public service work.
- Heather Jarvis, Loan Expert – information regarding how to most effectively and easily pay off your loans.
- Student Loan Ranger – breaking down education debt issues.
- Equal Justice Works Educational Debt Relief – user-friendly information and resources on educational debt relief programs to help you understand and manage educational debt.
- Take Control of Your Future: A Guide to Managing Student Debt – free e-book from Equal Justice Works for lawyers and law students on managing student debt.
- Seattle University Counseling and Psychological Services – get help facing the challenges of law school.
- Seattle University Confidential Reporting Line – report activities that may involve unethical behavior, improper conduct or violations of Seattle University policies.
- Seattle University Recreation and Fitness Center – website with info on how to utilize SU’s fitness resources.
- Seattle University Campus Ministry – get support from SU Campus Ministry office which provides opportunities for spiritual growth, discernment, prayer, and community engagement.
- The Pin Cushion – Affordable Community Acupuncture
Professionalism and Ethics:
- Seattle University School of Law Center for Professional Development – resource to help you plan for professional development and career.
- King County Bar Association Guidelines for Professional courtesy
- American Bar Association Model Rule of Professional Conduct 6.1
- Washington Rule of Professional Conduct